Canon IJ scan utility setup
You can now easily get a digital copy of the photographic prints, magazines, posters or any documents with the help of a Canon scanner. Enjoy the high-resolution image files for both your office and personal purposes. The following steps will help you scan a document using a Canon printer scanner. Make sure to download the Canon IJ Scan Utility Setup App along with the Drivers package to easily scan documents, photos, etc.
How to add the Canon scanner to your computer?
- Make sure that your Canon printer has the facility to scan. Mostly an “all-in-one” printer model can scan. You can refer to the product page or printer’s documentation to ensure that your printer can scan.
- Connect your Canon printer to the computer. Most Canon printers that can scan will have the have the option of a touch-screen panel which facilitates a wireless connection to your computer, but you may require a USB cable to connect the printer to your computer. This helps if there is no wireless feature.
- Turn on your printer. Press the “On” button in your Canon printer. Check if the printer is connected to a power source.
- Lift the lid of the canon Scanner to see the glass bottom where you will place the material to be scanned. Insert the document into the paper feeder. Look out for the symbol on the tray to insert the paper. You can also consult the Canon’s instruction manual for more guidance on using the built-in scanner.
- Place the document facing down on the glass bottom of the scanner. The glass bottom has the markings which indicate the orientation of the document.
- Close the lid of the scanner and scan your document. You can even scan your documents or photos via Canon IJ scan utility setup app.
How to Scan document from canon printer to windows?
- Click on the Windows logo in the left corner of your screen.
- Type ‘Windows Fax and Scan,’ so that you are directed to the Windows Fax and Scan App. Else, download the canon ij scan utility setup app to scan the document.
- Click New Scan. Doing so will open a new window.
- Make sure you see your Canon printer model number. If not, click change and choose your Canon printer.
- You need to choose the type of document now. Click on the Profile drop-down box and select the type of document.
- Click on the color format drop-down box to choose black and white or color. There will be additional color formatting option for your canon scanner.
- Click the File type drop-down box and select the file type for the scanned document.
- Prior to scanning, you modify other options depending on your scanner.
- Check on the preview button to view the preview of the document in your scanner. Readjust the document if required.
- Click Scan. The scanner will now begin to scan your document. The above steps will clearly answer the how to scan the document from canon printer to windows query.
How to scan document from canon printer to mac?
- Click on the Apple logo on the top corner of your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, click System Preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners and select your Canon printer.
- Click on the Scan tab at the top of the window
- Click Open canon Scanner and click Show details.
- Select a file type for the document you want to scan. PDF is the most preferred format.
- Decide either color or black and white and click on the Kind drop-down box.
- Choose a storage location by clicking on the ‘Save To’ option.
- You can choose to change other options like Resolution or Page orientation.
- Click Scan to complete the scanning process. To know more about canon ij scan utility setup process & to know how to scan a document from canon printer to mac just contact our technicians to get instant assistance.