CANON MX922 ERROR CODE C000
The Canon MX922 error code C000 is widely known to affect all the Canon PIXMA and multifunctional printers. This error code occurs due to internal issues with your printer. In most cases, the error code C000 is caused by improper ink cartridge installation, paper jam error, and obstruction in the paper feed path. Keep reading the instructions below to fix the error code C000 on your Canon PIXMA MX922 printer.
- First, open the paper output tray with the printer turned on.
- Lift the document cover or scanner unit and open the ink cover.
- Wait for the print head holder to stop moving.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the holder and check whether you have removed all the protective tapes.
- Avoid touching the nozzle area to prevent poor print quality.
- If you detect any protective tapes or seals, remove them gently from the ink cartridge.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges into the print head holder and close the ink cover.
- Check the ink status and replace the expended ink cartridges.
- Verify that the ink lamp lights up red after installing the cartridges into the correct slot.
- Close the ink cover and lower the document cover.
- Restart your printer and check if the Canon MX922 error code C000 has been resolved.
- If the problem persists, check for any jammed paper in the paper path.
- With your printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the rear port.
- Wait for 3 to 5 minutes and reconnect the power cord.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the Power button. Doing so will fix the Canon MX922 error code C000.
- If the above steps couldn’t resolve your printer error, restore the printer settings to factory defaults.