- Home /
- Pixma Wireless Printer
Canon Pixma Wireless setup
The Canon Pixma wireless setup can be carried out easily using the following instructions. Wireless Setup is mainly used to connect your computer and the printer using a wireless network. Establishing a wireless network will have the advantage of printing anywhere from your device. If you have the file in your device from which you want to print, select the file and print it within a few minutes. There are two methods namely the WPS method and the standard connection method to connect your device and the canon printer through a wireless connection. Follow the below steps to know about canon wireless printer setup process.
Setting up of the Canon Wireless printer requires an uninterrupted Internet connection.
Before setting up the wireless network, please verify the presence of the following requirements.
- A fully-functioning router(access point).
- A computing device such as the PC, Mac, Tablet, or Smartphone.
WPS Connection method
The WPS method is common for systems operating with windows and MAC. The router has a WPS push button.
Check the wireless connection setting on your computer and enable the WEP security for canon wireless printer setup. Follow the below steps to know how to connect canon pixma printer to wifi.
- Turn on the printer for canon pixma wireless setup and place the WPS button within your reach.
- Hold down the Wi-Fi button on canon printer until the ON lamp lights up.
- Hit the WPS button on canon pixma printer within two minutes of the lighting of the ON lamp.
- Upon searching for a network, the blue Wi-Fi lamp will be lit. On connection to a wireless network, both the Power and Wi-Fi lamps will stop blinking and remain illuminated.
- In order to confirm the wireless connection, try printing out the network settings of your printer.
- Feed two sheets of A4 sized paper into the printer.
- Hold down the Wi-Fi button and release it once the Power lamp flashes.
- The Network Information page will be printed on pressing the Wi-Fi button. The above steps help us to get a solution for how to connect canon pixma printer to wifi query.
Standard Connection Method
If there is no WPS feature in your router, then go for the Standard Connection method. Before initiating the standard connection method, carry out the following guidelines.
- Firstly, connect your computer to the printer for network settings. Turn on the printer and load the input tray with plain papers.
- Press the Resume or Cancel button and hold it for a few seconds. Then Network information page is printed immediately.
- Refer the printout to check the connection status. See if the connection is specified as “Active” or “Inactive.”
- Also, verify if the network name is displayed correctly. Before associating your computer and printer, ensure that you have suitable drivers installed on your computer to make canon pixma wireless setup.
- Please make sure that your printer is switched on and connected to a proper power supply for canon wireless printer setup. If connecting via a router, then you will need an Ethernet cable to connect your printer and the computer.
- The proceeding step will be to check if you have installed the suitable drivers on your system.
- Connect your printer to the Internet and make sure it has good speed. In case of using a router, connect the computer and printer to the router.
- Next, follow the below steps to add your printer and establish a connection.
- Click on Start and tap on Settings to open it.
- An option called Devices is present in the settings window.
- Select Printer and Scanners under and choose Add a printer or scanner option to add your printer to the list. Choose your printer from the list displayed after a search.
- Connect it to the same network as your printer. Now you can print from your windows system.
- Choose System preferences option and go to printer and scanners under it.
- Select the “+” Plus symbol to add your printer.
- From the list of printers available, select your printer and add it successfully.
- Connect your MAC device and printer to the same network if using a router.
- Take a test print to ensure proper connection. To know more about canon pixma wireless setup process just reach our experts.